Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Board Games!

It was like being put in a time-travel machine and traveling back 3-4 years and enjoying one of my favourite events: Wednesday night board games.  How I've missed those!

A good crowd gathered, including a few people - Sandra and Tabea - I hadn't seen since moving to Saskatchewan.  Other than that, all the usual suspects were there: Benja, Sanjit, Anoush, Marilu, and of course, Ruth and Marty, who hosted us and served up their usual warmth and hospitality.  Alfonso came too which is great, as he recently moved back to his native Costa Rica and is just here to get his Canadian citizenship papers before returning home.

We played Bohnanza and Rook until well past midnight.  I didn't win, but I didn't come in last either.  I got caught up on all the stuff going on: Benja's returned to the west coast, Alfonso's getting married, Sanjit's looking for a job, Anoush has a new job and loves it...

We're planning a big hike for Saturday, most likely Garibaldi.


No comments: