Sunday, September 20, 2015

Kayaking Down The Saskatchewan River

My coworker Deb bought a kayak day trip at a fundraising auction a few months ago, and since  Dwight didn't want to go with her ("I ain't going in one of those coffins"), she invited me to go along.

Below are pictures from the trip.  It was a gorgeous Fall day, 21C, sunny with the occasional slight cloud cover.  We got into the kayaks around 10:15am, near Gardiner Dam, and kayaked 30+ kms all the way to Outlook, arriving there at 7pm.

I was done.  My arms were like noodles.  And my back, oh my, I sense some massage appointments coming up in the coming days and weeks...  

But what an experience!

Afterwards, Deb invited me to her home where Dwight had a meal all ready for us.  We had a good conversation over a lovely evening meal.  They're super hospitable.

Close to 10pm I made may way back to Saskatoon, arriving here after 11.

After having been on the west coast for 10 days, this was a good way to get back into the swing of things on the prairies.







No comments: