Saturday, September 05, 2015

A Little Piece Of Heaven

What a hike - today I saw a piece of heaven.

Eight of us met up shorty after 8am and took the 1 hour drive north to Garibaldi Lake.  And it was worth it, an appropriate "crowing" of a great two weeks spent on the west coast.

It took us 8 hours to hike around 22kms, but we took some well deserved breaks along the way to enjoy the company and the view.

Below are a few pics worth sharing... 




My favourite part of the hike is not necessarily teal-coloured Garibaldi lake and it's majestic surroundings, but rather, the meadows leading to it.  The pathways meander back and forth between flat and hilly areas with a smattering of douglas fir trees, before going on a final switch-back descent - yes, downhill, and now in a deep forested area - to the lake.  

And the view of Black Tusk is always awe-inspiring, inviting and challenging you to conquer it.  Inevitably, I, at least, end up saying to myself: "Next time..."



As always, Marty was the photographer par excellence with us.  Below, from left to right: Ruth, Benja, Marilu, Nancy, Anoush, Sanjit, cub, and Marty.


Once back in Vanvouver around 8, we went to eat some ramen noodles near Ruth and Marty's place.

It was my final day in Vancouver.  I hugged everyone good-bye, got into dad's SUV, and made my trip to Abbotsford where I'll spend my last evening on the west coast.

No comments: