Thursday, August 13, 2015

Mano In Saksatoon

I saw Mano again tonight...after about 10 years!  He and Karen and their two daughters arrived at my place around 5:30 this afternoon.

We went for dinner at the Freehouse.  Afterwards I bought the girls some ice cream before we all went for a walk along the river, and then returning along Spadina Ave.  Bonus - no mosquitoes.

They're on their way home to Ottawa, after spending a few weeks in Vancouver.

From left to right: Ashwyn, Karen, Mika, Mano, and Edgar.


In many ways Mano hasn't changed at all.  He still loves Formula 1 racing.  He talked about it with the same passion and enthusiasm as in previous years.  He's also the same caring person as always - he heard with great interest as I updated him on the ups and downs of my life since we last saw each other.  He's a good listener.

Dear Lord, please bless Mano and his lovely family.  Amen.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad there are no more planned visits in the near future.  I've ha d a very busy few weeks: Hugh, camping with Eric, Patri, more Hugh, more Patri, and Mano.  And in between all of that, cheek surgery!

I hope to get a few days' rest, before preparing for my trip west to reconnect with friends and family.

Thank you Lord for all the wonderful people you've placed in my life.  Amen.

No comments: