Monday, August 10, 2015

Friends And Ale

My rendezvous with friends continues...

Yesterday afternoon I went to Bruno to pick up Hugh from the institute of Mission.  Went for a walk around the grounds there....quite serene, and a lovely cherry orchard too.

Afterwards we drove back to Saskatoon and grilled some steaks and veggies on the grill.  Hot weather.  After dinner I attended Mass, before returning and spending some time shooting the shit with Hugh on the front steps of my house.

This evening we went to The Woods, on 2nd Avenue.  Had a nice dunkelweizen there, but the food was very average.  Our waitress was friendly and encouraged us to express ourselves as she took a picture of us.  We duly followed her advice...I'm picking my nose in the second pic below.  I'm sure we made a positive impression...

Everywhere we've been we've met friendly people (particularly waitresses...Capanna, Common Cafe, and tonight too)...so Hugh is talking about moving here.




This morning I met up with Patri at the airport for a 10-minute chat before she boarded the plane headed for Montreal.  We both agreed that our community of friends in Vancouver is super unique.  We talked about moving back there once our time in our respective places - Bayreuth and Saskatoon - is complete.  I get teary-eyed just thinking about it...

Tomorrow Hugh leaves, and I get a 2-day break before Mano and his family arrives for a one-day crash.  I haven't seen him in about 10 years.  I have a feeling our visit will be quite special.

No comments: