Wednesday, August 05, 2015

A New Cheek

After a short cheek surgery yesterday afternoon, I hope to have my "original" cheek back soon.

I checked into the Moose Jaw hospital around noon yesterday, and by 1:30 was out cold, in a deep sleep.  When I woke up around 3:30 I was confused, drowsy, groggy, dizzy, and disoriented.

I stayed the night at St. Joseph's parish rectory.  John, my good Reformed-come-Catholic and now seminarian friend was in town from Edmonton, and so we had the opportunity to catch up.  We ate pizza for dinner.  It was the most tasteless pizza I've ever had.  Come to think of it, it was the most tasteless meal I've ever had.  That's what purgatory must be like - tasteless, senseless, blah.

This morning we had breakfast together, and then I did a bit of reading.  I'm reading Pope Francis' The Church of Mercy right now, a book with short, 2-3 page homilies he's given over the past 2 years.

At noon we went to what used to be Coffee Encounters (now Chrysalis or something like that) for lunch.

At around 5 I left, heading for Toontown, arriving around 8.  I took a different route: #2, then #42, #19, #15, and finally, the #219.  It was a lovely, scenic route which I will surely take again.


No comments: