Sunday, May 25, 2014

Prairie Daytrip

It seems that we have a hard time getting out of the house early - just like yesterday, we didn't get out of the house until after 11am.

We got on the 11 southbound to Chamberlain, were we connected with the #2 and continued through the Buffalo Pound Valley all the way to Moose Jaw, arriving there shortly after 1pm.

We met up with Alison and Paul there for lunch, at Brown's.  I haven't had many interactions with Paul, but it became clear to me today that he's a good man indeed.  Kind, gentle, and very caring.  He gave Sanjit some good suggestions for getting work, particularly with CN or CP.  I got the impression that his suggestions were falling on deaf ears, however.  I hope I'm wrong.

After lunch Sanjit and I walked along Main street and the surrounding areas, and I showed him some of the highlights of the city.  The murals, Veroba's, Coffee Encounters, Crescent Park, the library, and of course, 72 Ross Street.  We also drove by my workplace.  Memories, both, good and bad, came flooding through my consciousness as we walked through the city.

Then we got back into my Jetta and headed east, to Regina, where we went for a walk along Wascana Lake, took a nap in front of the legislative building, and did a quick tour of downtown and the eastside of town before getting back on the 11, this time northbound, and back home.

Sanjit drove the car on the way back.  He seemed to like the handling of the Jetta.

We listened to Julieta Venegas on the way home.

No dinner tonight.

Friendships are a treasure.

No comments: