Sunday, May 04, 2014

My First Sunday

Today marked my first Sunday in Saskatoon.

In the morning I dropped my parents off at the airport.  They're now on their way back to Abbotsford.  Without their help I'd still be floundering in Moose Jaw.  While I'm excited to start anew in this city, moving here without their help would've just been overwhelming and somehow, demoralizing.

In the afternoon I slept.  A lot.
 
At 7pm I attended Mass at the Holy Spirit parish.  I will attend a Catholic church going forward.  The atmosphere - the music, the preaching - was surprisingly Evangelical.  I'm not sure I will make this my home parish though.  It's too big.

After Mass I met up with Eric at Earl's.  I've always liked the food there.  It's convenient to live 4 blocks away from one now...

It'll be nice to start off here knowing at least two people: Eric, and Francis, my mentor.

No comments: