Sunday, May 18, 2014

Catching Up

Alison and her daughter Julia drove up from MJ today for a visit.  Actually, they've come up here for the weekend.  They went to a concert tonight; tomorrow at around 11 or so in the morning we're going to meet up for brunch.

We were hoping to go for sushi this afternoon, but were disappointed to find out that the place I'd picked for us to go to was closed.  It's Sunday, I guess...  We ended up going for buffet at a chinese restaurant on 8th Ave East.  It was pretty good, it reminded me of The Great Wall in Broadway in Vancouver.

I'm finding that living in City Park is very convenient, as many interesting places are within walking distance.  The Broadway strip is about 20 minutes away, and there's an interesting coffee shop just south of the College Drive bridge too that is a nice and leasurely walk's distance.  And of course, downtown is full of interesting places - from buildings to shops to retaurants, even houses.

The 3 of us did do the City Park - Broadway walk.  Julia's outgoing personality amazed me.  There was a street performer along Broadway whom she just went up to and started talking to.  It came so natural to her, I couldn't help but feel envious - to have the ability to just go up and talk to a stranger without feeling the least bit self-conscious.  She mentioned afterwards that speaking to him didn't make her the least bit nervous.  Odd, I talk to strangers as part of my job every day, but yet, I still get nervous often as I approach people for conversation.  It must be grace that nobody notices how nervous I am...

No comments: