Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Job Offer .. Let's Try This Again

I've never experienced anything like this before.

Three days ago I got a job offer, and then 3 hours later it was promptly withdrawn.  Confusion.

Immediately afterwards I called and left a VM for Francis: "What's going on?"

This morning he returned my call.

He couldn't believe what had happened (the original offer didn't come from him) and proceeded to tell me step-by-step the sequence of events.  It's a comedy of errors, truthfully, which I shall not repeat here.

But the offer is back on the table.

And the crazy thing is, I'm going to accept it.  I have to.  I see Providence all over this scenario.

I will likely move to the prairies in mid-February, and begin work a week or two after that.

I'm so torn I can't even put words to it.  It's such a bittersweet scenario, at once, both, the best and the worst possible scenario.  Vocationally, this move may be the one I've been looking for and preparing for: finally, the last 15 years make sense!  But personally, this move represents a(nother) massive failure relationally.

No comments: