Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Visiting The Prairies

About a week and a half ago my new employer called me and suggested that I come and visit my new workplace.  He rightly sensed that I'm massively conflicted about this move.

I accepted his offer, and am in the city that one street sign described as the "friendly city".  I arrived here earlier today.  The temperature is a mild +2, a bit unexpected.

My new boss picked me up from the airport, then we drove an hour to get here.  He gave me a quick tour by car, but it's hard to gauge what this place is really like.  It was dark by the time we got here.

I'm staying in a hotel.  Upon arrival here I was so conflicted that I broke down and wept.  I lay in my bed, numb.

I feel so spiritually low that I'm having a hard time even talking to God.  My spiritual radar is frozen.  I feel abandoned and stuck.  Words do not adequately express the desolation that I experience.

I did find the energy to go for a workout in the gym shortly after 9pm.  I walked 3kms on the treadmill.

Tomorrow morning at 8am I will visit my new workplace.

I will be here until Sunday.

No comments: