Saturday, December 29, 2012

Job Offer .. Or Maybe Not

7:31am this morning: I got a job offer via email, to fill the Spiritual Care position I've mentioned over the past few weeks, Dec. 11th and Dec. 21st.

8:25am: I wake up.

8:29am: I read the job offer email.  Ecstatic.

8:31am: another email comes in.  It states that my job offer is withdrawn.  Apparently another applicant has accepted the offer.  Hmmm.

This doesn't smell good, and it definitely doesn't taste good.  Something very strange has happened and I need to get some answers.  Time to give Francis a call....

Significantly though, I was gutted when I read the withdrawal.  I think I was ready to embark on this path, and feel that it was taken out from under me.

I talked to my parents about this job, and they too thought that this was a great opportunity.  Dad made a reference to God answering my Camino-prayers, and mom said something to the effect of "this job is made for you."

I just don't understand what's going on.

God .. uhmmmm .. can you show up, please?

No comments: