Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Positive Day

I woke up around 7, and was out of the hotel by 7:30.  By 8:30 I was at my new workplace.

I had a number of meetings, with the CEO, with the Director of Care, and I even attended an Ethics meeting.  The overall image that I got from the organization - the people, the facility - is very positive.  Very encouraging.

I have a rental car, and so did do a bit of driving around the city.  It was substantially colder today, around -10ish.  Mid-afternoon it started snowing.  I like snow, it beats rain.

In the evening I once again went to the gym for a workout.  Afterwards I made the mistake of checking out the pool, not to swim, but just to see it.  I was immediately overwhelmed with a massive sadness: will I ever visit my best friend's pool again?

Other than that I also watched some Australian Open tennis.


No comments: