Monday, February 28, 2011

BCMC With Charlene

Well if yesterday was a beautiful day, today was a winter wonderland. In other words, today was even more beautiful! It snowed throughout the day...

After the usual Sunday morning Eucharist, I went home for a couple of hours (breakfast) before picking up Charlene at around 11am. I parked my car in her parkade, and then ventured out onto the snowy road with her Honda SUV. I have to say that both, the height and the sturdiness of a SUV give one an increased sense of security on the road.

Anyways, we drove slowly towards Grouse. Not many people were on the road which made the drive quite pleasant (I wish it snowed everyday!). Upon arrival at the bottom of the mountain, we immediately put on our yak-tracks: it was so unusual starting out with them right from the get-go of the hike!

Here's what we saw on the way up:


































































































































Once atop Grouse Mountain we ate a sandwich lunch that we'd brought with us up the mountain. Charlene picked a great combination of ciabatta bread with cold cuts and cheeses, as well as some nuts, and carrot and veggie sticks. I really appreciate her creativity, especially around the theme of food. My approach is usually to order food from the restaurant atop the mountain. It's a lazy and expensive approach.

I think I'm beginning to like Charlene. She's very beautiful and has a lovely smile. We seem to get along well too, which is surprising given our differences of view on most issues. Truthfully, her "liberated" viewpoints on most things give me a headache.

No comments: