Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Timing Through The Eyes Of Faith

God's timing is amazing, even humorous.

Just over three weeks ago I applied for acceptance into the CPE program, thinking that maybe chaplaincy is where God is leading me to vocationally.

Just over a week ago my beloved nephew Ralph was in a serious car accident and his life hinging on a thread.

Three days ago I was told by the Director of Facilities at work that the company would be laying off more people, and that he had the terrible task of laying off hourly workers. He gave me the option of transferring from the shipping/receiving department to the production group, or be laid off. I have a few days' time to think about the options before making a decision. My gut feeling is to choose to be laid off: I'd get a severance package, claim EI, and be able to spend more time with family.

To some, these 3 events - chaplaincy application, Ralph's accident, and job layoff - are "random", "isolated", "chance" incidents, but in my mind there's something bigger happening here. God's big Hand is evident here. To the eyes of faith this reveals plan and purpose through and through.

No comments: