Monday, January 31, 2011

Birthday In New Westminster

This morning I went to church as usual. Going to church the past two weeks was accompanied with an extra level of intensity: the sermons more poignant, the prayers more fervent, the conversations more raw, and Presence in the sacraments more Real.

Immediately after church I drove up to Grouse Mountain to meet up with Shane for a hike. As we've done for the past few weeks (since January 9), we hike the BCMC trail every Sunday morning at 9am.

In the afternoon I visited with Ralph. Thinking about his condition brings tears to my soul.

In the evening we celebrated mom's birthday at a Greek-Italian restaurant nearby. Everybody's downcast. For whatever reason, it seems that our family's especially susceptible to pessimism. I think I'm the only one not naturally inclined towards it. Strange. Surely it's Mercy. But I think it's imperative that we don't forget to be thankful during these difficult times.

No comments: