Saturday, September 05, 2009

Gipsy Kings

Tonight I saw the Gipsy Kings live at the PNE. They played some of their classics - Volare, Bamboleo, Djobi Djoba, Mujer, as well as some of the lesser known (slower) songs: Tu Quieres Volver, Un Amor, and Caminando por la Calle.

The didn't play my favourite song, Triste Pena, which may be a good thing, because it's a sad song, and today was the first time I saw or spoke with Jennifer since Sunday, the day we broke up.

We were with a group of about 10 other friends from the futbol team, and it worked out that we didn't interact much at the beginning of the evening. But even without talking, we both saw each other, making eye contact a few times. I've never felt so awkward around her as I did tonight.

It wasn't until just before the concert started that we talked. At first pleasantries, and then a little more substance. By the end of the evening the nervousness was gone, and we smiled at each other a few times.

After the concert, she left almost immediately with some others. I stayed behind with some friends for a beer.

Tomorrow I'm going out for breakfast with her.

No comments: