Friday, September 18, 2009

She Seems Happier Now...

...then when we went out.

I went over to Jennifer's tonight, for dinner. She cooked: mashed potatoes, ground chicken (with a German-ish gravy), and a salad. My contribution was dessert, a tres leches cake, from Salsa and Agave. We had a very good meal, a very good evening. By the end of the evening we kissed, which, given our breakup, is not a good scenario. But kissing her again was nice, no doubt....

I've noticed that she seems happier, more at ease, more relaxed, the last few times I've spoken with her. She smiles more, she jokes around more, she even laughs out loud. She jumps, to try to surprise me, all jovial. I asked her why that was. She was surprised that I thought she was happier now than when we were together. But after I gave her the (above) examples, she agreed.

But then, she noted that I am also more relaxed, more easy-going. Very true. I am more relaxed now then I've been in recent months.

Perhaps we're relaxed because a heavy weight - the weight of an ambiguous, uncertain future - has been lifted from our shoulders. Perhaps we're breathing a sigh of relief, because the "heavy" issues are out of the way and we can just get on with things. If that's the case, that's a good thing.

However, I've also noticed that we get along spectacularly well, when we're relaxed. And this leads me to believe if only these "heavy" issues could be resolved, we would be very good together.

No comments: