Sunday, March 08, 2009

Acapulco: Beach!, El Cabrito

Wow, I just read yesterday's post again. I sound full of angst. I wonder if my comments about Canada say more about my insecurities than about the country I live in. Something to think about....

Today I spent the morning looking for a Benetton store. Unsuccessful.

Around 11am I went to the beach, and met up with Rubén and Tati. Tati was parked under an umbrella, reading a book.. Rubén was swimming. Nice. I joined them and had a great afternoon taking in the hot (dry) weather, about 28C or so. I took some pictures, people-watched, read, and I also got a back massage for 40 pesos ($4).

Oh and yeah, I had two piña coladas. I think it's the perfect tropical drink.






















































It was the first day since arriving in Mexico that I spent without Jennifer. I was intent on just relaxing, whereas she wanted to do some sightseeing, so her and Sanjit went on a boat tour that took up most of the day. Based on what she told me afterwards, the tour sounded kinda lame, so I'm glad I stayed at the beach.

Here's a picture of her taken this afternoon. Lovely smile. It looks like piña colada is her favourite drink too!
















For dinner we went to a place that came highly recommended by Tatiana. It's called Los Cabritos, a restaurent she remembers from her childhood trips to Acapulco.









































I had mole for dinner, and as the picture shows, I needed a bib to keep me clean. The mole covered the entire plate!
















I was slightly annoyed after dinner tonight. I wanted to rush back to the hotel by taxi or bus and watch a fútbol game on tv. Instead, we walked back to the hotel, slowly. By the time we got back the game was done.

Impression of the Day: Sunny weather does the soul good. I feel relaxed.

No comments: