Monday, January 01, 2007

NYE Party Tonight

I feel much better about tonight's party then I did a few days ago. My friend Claudia told me she's coming, and that pretty much guarantees an element of "life" to the party that would otherwise not be there.

We met up yesterday and did all the shopping in preparation for the party: wigs, masks, streamers, balloons, sparklers; fruits, pop, bread, cheese, and chocolate. We even got some prizes to give-away.

Last night I spent a few hours making fruit-sangria (I found a simple recipe): red wine, ginger ale, lemonade, sugar, brandy (I didn't have any so I used grand marnier and some rum), and fruit slices. I used oranges, lemons, limes, pineapple, peaches, pears, and apples.

I expect people to arrive around 9, and my goal is that the party will still be going strong at 4am. In South America that would be a no-brainer --> stopping a NYE party before 6am there would make the party a yawner; but here, 4am would be quite a feat.

I'm also hoping to play a good variety of music: 80's, Latin, maybe some lounge, and electronica.

No comments: