Wednesday, October 11, 2006

No More Mate .. At Least For Now

My throat is so sore from drinking mate that I've decided to stop drinking it for a while. This sucks, because a few of us guys at school founded the mate club. We meet every Tuesday from 1:30 - 3pm, and drink it while discussing theology. It's great. Often times other guys will join us out of curiosity for what we're drinking, but not so with the women. I think they're turned off by the communal nature of the drink. Whatever...

Anyways, back to my sore throat (this is about me me me, after all). I think it's because the build up of bitterness in my throat. It just got infected and now I can barely drink anything without it hurting: anything hot like tea or coffee irritates it, and something cold like pop irritates it also.

About the only thing I can drink is normal room-temperature water. Maybe that's a sign .. I should stop my indulgence of drinks such as coffee and mate.

No comments: