Saturday, October 07, 2006

Blessed By Fire

Today was one of the better days I've had in the last few weeks. Here's how it went.

Morning: studied at home. I did research on the passage I'm preaching on: Genesis 6:5-9:29.

Noon: Anglican Studies Holy Communion and lunch. I'm learning not to stuff myself full of food everytime I eat.

Afternoon: I met up with Alicia mid-afternoon. We studied together before heading out for dinner at my favourite Pakistani Restaurant: Al-Watan. Too much food in one day.

Evening: The highlight of the day was when we went to see an Argentinian movie, Blessed by Fire (Iluminados por el Feugo). This was a movie about the effects the Falkland War in the early 80's had onthe soldiers. Very powerful and real: a very good movie. I've seen a few Argentinean movies over the past year, and I've been pleasantly surprised at the level of cinematography coming out of that country. But more than that, I was just happy to spend some quality time with Alicia. I think our reconcilliation has been astonishing. I'm amazed at how well our times together go. How ironic ..I know her better now as a friend, than I ever did as her boyfriend.

No comments: