Tuesday, October 03, 2006

1 Minute

My gosh .. this is so tough. Today in my Preaching class (see yesterday's post), we had to do a Scripture reading plus give the main idea, in 1 minute. I just about died.

I know. Ridiculous. It's only a minute. Why am I so burdened by this?

I think I feel so pressured because all the people in my class seem/act so smart, and at times I feel so stupid. But I think the key word is that they seem/act smart. They are not. At least not all of them. Plus, most of them have preached before, whereas I've preached only to myself while taking a shower, if that.

But in reality, I think the reason I'm having such a difficult time is because I'm looking in the mirror and not liking what I'm seeing. I'm facing my own vulnerability, more importantly, my own pride. I've throned myself at the top .. a place reserved for Someone Else.

I don't know how I'm going to make it through this semester. I hate this course.

No comments: