Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Inner Voice

I've been thinking a lot lately about what I will do after I graduate next April, God willing. I really don't feel a very particular, specific calling, like being a Pastor, for example. Yet at the same time, I know that God has been preparing me, moulding me over the past 4 years, so that he can use me somewhere for the good of his kingdom.

Earlier this week I read a quote by an alumni of our school. This is what she said in her article: "At Regent I discovered that God wasn't at 'the edge,' hoping I would join Him; He was within me, waiting for me to listen to His love. He wasn't calling me to a geographical destination, but to the centre of my being, to mundane obedience."

I found this article, and this quote in particular, very encouraging, because it invites me to be faithful to God "in the present moment," before all else. Maybe God has called me to a specific geographical location - I don't know - but I need not go anywhere but to the very core of my being, in order to listen to the voice of Jesus there. Furthermore, it's in the small, mundane, daily tasks, that first-and-foremost I need to be obedient.

No comments: