Friday, April 25, 2014

14 Months

Exactly 14 month ago I started my vocational journey in Moose Jaw.  Today was my last day here, and what a day it was.  I received a send off that was heartwarming.  I didn't expect to be sent off with such a bang (I trust the bang was because they're sad, not happy!).

Here are some pictures of this memorable day.

The chapel: a place of peace and solemnity.

Judy: cat lover and justice seeker.

The Rec staff, minus Corby and Lina.  By far the most interesting (and whacky!) group!


Arnold: I'm not sure I know a more loyal person.

Send off: CCAs, nurses, dietary, residents, and Rec staff.

Alison wrote an amazing poem for me that is worthy of its own post.  What an amzaing woman she is.

My coworkers raised money and bought me a going away present: an indoor herb grower .. how cool is that!

On a more pensive note, I cannot help but wonder where God's hand is in these last 14 months.  I've been "preaching" to others that pursuing a vocation includes enduring hardship.  And yet, here I am, taking pretty much the first bus out of town when things got tough: the emperor and the snake got the better of me, some might think.

But I'm unattached and mobile: others are not, that's why they're staying put.  If my coworkers - Alison, Dianne, Heather - weren't so locked in to their life situations, they'd certainly move on too....  Still, part of me feels like I'm letting down my coworkers and the wonderful residents I've met here this past year.  It was never supposed to be such a short stay.

God's hand is certainly in this move.  I just have a hard time discerning his purposes.

No comments: