Sunday, April 06, 2014

227Kms North

So I drove the 227kms north to Saskatoon again this weekend, in search of a place to live when I move there a month from now.  I didn't have to go up alone this time though, as my friend Craig came along.  It was nice to have some company.

I met with Cindy again, my real estate agent, and looked at some more houses / apartments.  Uncertainty reigns...  house?  apartment?  townhouse?  rental?  purchase?

This morning I went to an Anglican Church downtown, and whereas last week I was turned off by a band acting like they're having a "religious experience" while playing songs, this week I was (perhaps even more) turned off by a priest who refused to call God "He".  He - the priest, that is - also thought that my friend Eric and I were a couple.  

Need I say more...I think now may be the time to turn to Rome; or to Athens...

After church my friend Eric and I walked from his apartment in City Park to the Broadway/8th Street area for lunch.  It took under 25 minutes to get there.

On my way back, I took this picture of downtown from the Broadway bridge.  It's a beautiful city.  Right now quite brown, but very soon - perhaps in 6 weeks or so - green, and full of life.


On our drive home we noticed the sun was on her way down, hovering right above the Buffalo Pound horizon.  Gorgeous.


 I'm looking forward to move to Toontown.  It's an open door, a new chance.  Thank you Lord.

No comments: