Monday, July 15, 2013

New Friends

I have formed a few new friendships in my new city.

Adam, Pastor of a local Baptist Church, was the first one to reach out to me.  Confident, humble, and a very good communicator he is.  A great sense of humour, too.  We played soccer in the winter together, and now that the days are hot and long, we get together for a monthly bbq at his place.

John, a friend of Adam's, is also a good guy.  He joins us at the bbqs.  Very intelligent, and a gentle soul.  He recently entered the Roman Catholic Church, which means that we have some very good and interesting conversations.  I meet for coffee with him every Sunday morning after church.

Alison, probably my best friend here.  She reached out to me from the very beginning at work.  Unlike many of us who only reveal our strengths to others, hiding our weaknesses and downfalls, Alison shared her brokenness with me right from the get-go.  Very refreshing.  She's kindhearted, engaged, and has a very inspiring attitude towards life.

Lord, thank you for these new friends.  You know their struggles and their successes.  Bless them, preserve them, and draw them ever closer to your bosom, through Christ our Lord.  Amen.

No comments: