Monday, July 29, 2013

Hiking The Grasslands

I went hiking this weekend.  But not only that, I camped too.  I think it's probably the first time I've gone camping in close to 15 years.  For the occasion, I purchased a two-man tent last time I went to Vancouver.

Four of us from the hiking club left early yesterday morning, arriving at Grasslands National Park around 1pm.  Shortly after arrival we hiked close to 17kms.  For dinner we cooked up some burgers that the ranger from the park was kind enough to share.  Then we camped, only to be woken up early this morning around 7 by loud thunder and lightning.  I quickly packed up my tent, as I didn't want to get it all wet and mucky (we were only staying for one night anyways), and shortly after packing everything up sure enough, it rained buckets and buckets of water.

By 10am the sun was out, and we were hiking again.  Today we hiked around 12kms.

We left around 4pm, and arrived back in Moose Jaw close to 7pm. 

The subtle beauty of this place is awe-inspiring.  Below are some pictures.

Saturday hike:







Campground:



Sunday hike:






Scenery on the way home:





No comments: