Friday, March 18, 2011

Spanish Bibles, Suitcases, Mexican Bakes, Haircut, And A Rift

Spanish Bible: today I went to the bookstore and picked up the Spanish Bible I'd ordered for Patri a few weeks ago. Very soon I'll be going for dinner with her and at that point I'll give it to her. My prayer is that she would find God in the pages of Scripture...

Suitcase: Jennifer and I are going to Mexico at the end of April. At the end of my World Tour last year my big suitcase was broken, so today I went to pick up a new one in preparation for our trip. It looks like our itinerary will be Mexico City - Puebla or Veracruz - Cuernavaca - Mexico City.

Mexican Bake: as planned, I tried a Mexican recipe from the new cookbook I got a few days ago. I'd rank the finished product a disappointing 5. Very bland. I will try it again with more spicy ingredients (the ones the recipe actually calls for!) and see how it turns out.

Haircut: Got my monthly haircut today.

Rift: even though Jennifer and I are planning to go to Mexico (the plan's been in the works for a while), there's a rift happening between us. The reason: Charlene. This should be no surprise. The rift is psychological on my part, because I have not mentioned anything to her yet at this point about Charlene and I, but that day is coming very soon. I have every intention to preserve our friendship but realize that this will be very difficult to do.

No comments: