Monday, March 21, 2011

Car Accident

Well, whereas yesterday was a fantastic day, today was horrible.

After the usual Holy Communion service at church I went hiking with Shane.

Then, on my way back, I rear-ended another car downtown (West Pender and Richards). There was some kind of parade going on, I got distracted, and before I could even react, BOOM, I hit the car in front of me! Thankfully, everyone is ok. The passenger in the car I hit (a woman) complained of mild neck pain and was taken away in an ambulance but I'm quite certain it was only for precautionary reasons. The driver, presumably her husband, wasn't freaking out or anything.

After filling out the accident report and answering some questions by the police, I was able to go home.

Once home, I immediately called Jennifer. My neck was sore, so she came over and accompanied me to a walk-in clinic to get it checked out. I think I'm fine, but will likely do a few massage therapy sessions to alleviate the discomfort.

As far as my car is concerned, I have a feeling that it's a total write-off. The airbag went off, and I've heard that the cost of repairing an airbag is around the $2,000 mark. The front end is also quite crunched, and so given that the car is 13 years old they likely wont fix it.

No comments: