Friday, January 15, 2010

Paella @ Juan's

Tonight Juan invited us for dinner for paella. Vero, Benja, Karma, Jen, and I went.

I tend not to order paella when I go out to eat, because my last experience with paella - from a Latin restaurant on Commercial Drive - was not a good one. But tonight's dinner was excellent. Since I'm not a huge fan of seafood, I found tonight's "measured" quantity of seafood much to my liking.

After dinner we sat around and discussed, of all things, environmental concerns. Our group of friends is very good at "enjoying the moment", we always make the best of the here and now: laughter, great food, poking fun at one another, or musing the latest hot topics. But we lack in depth: depth of thought, and certainly in depth of conversation about meaningful things. So tonight was a refreshing change.

No comments: