Friday, January 01, 2010

NYE @ Vero's

Contrary to my original plans, I did not have a NYE party this year. As happened a few years ago, a feeling of general apathy came upon me, and I just couldn't muster up enough energy to organize a party. Perhaps the fact that I had a big party at my place just over a month ago played a role too.

So it was to my great and pleasant surprise, that Vero came up to me a few days ago and offered to have a party at her place. Maybe she noticed that I wasn't as enthusiastic in my talk about NYE this time around.

The party at her place was perfect, in that it had a bit of everything: it started quiet, and progressively got louder. We had food (empanadas!) and conversaton the early part of the evening, and as the night wore on, things got louder, more festive. Fiveteen minutes before midnight we filled up our wine glasses, and began counting down to midnight.

Midnight came and went - with lots of hugs and kisses all around - and shortly afterwards we put on some loud music - pop, latin, techno, whatever - and danced until well past 1 in the morning.

And then came the best part of the evening: Ticket to Ride! We played not 1, not 2, but 3 games, until after 5am! Now that's a kickin' NYE party!

Sanjit stayed the night at my place afterwards. We got home shortly before 6am.

Below are some pictures, taken by Vero:












































No comments: