Friday, May 09, 2008

A Nice Walk

I went for a walk yesterday afternoon. It was cloudy, windy, and chilly, but still, I enjoyed the fresh air. Here are some pics I took:











































































































































Once I arrived at GI, I ordered myself a scrumptious "Cocco Ricco", an European hot chocolate (basically chocolate pudding "watered down" with hot milk). It was soooooo yummy. I also took out Alexander Schmemann's "For the Life of the World", a book on the Orthodox Church and sacramental theology, and read it for a good hour and a half. I've been nibbling at this book for ages, but I keep having to re-read sections because it's so dense (and my brain is so small)!

Here is a quote for thought, pertaining to the meaning of the Eucharistic sacrament: "[Christ] .. is our bread - because from the very beginning all our hunger was a hunger for Him and all our bread was but a symbol of Him, a symbol that had to become reality. . . His life was totally, absolutely eucharistic (full of praise, adoration, and thanksgiving) - all of it was transformed into communion with God and all of it ascended into heaven. And now He shares this glorified life with us." (43, italics his, parenthesis mine).

No comments: