Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day In Abbotsford

Yesterday was mother's day. After the usual 7:30am service at church, I drove to Abbotsford around noon, arriving there at 1pm for a family lunch.

We had a very delicious Paraguayan lunch: asado, sopa, and some other goodies.

I meant to write here a prayer that I gave to her (on the back of a foto I printed out for her), but I mistakenly threw away the sheet I got the prayer from.





















I feel awkward at family gatherings lately, for two reasons. One, I feel self-conscious because I am not yet working, and everyone wants to ask me about it, but no one does because they're trying to being sensitive. The end result, however, is the elephant in the room syndrome. Two, I'm lightyears away from my family theologically, and that seems to come up again and again. It's going to take hard work on both sides to speak graciously into each other's lives.

No comments: