Friday, May 30, 2008

5 Homilies in July

I attended a meeting tonight, with the Evensong group from church. I've been attending Evensong services at my church on Tuesday nights since January, and for the past few weeks I've been talking with one of the leaders about getting more involved.

So at this meeting tonight I offered to provide the homily - a short, 5 minute sermon on a biblical text - every so often. They asked me to do all the homilies in the month of July.

I'm excited about this opportunity. One of the things I miss most since leaving Regent is the lack of intellectual exercise. I do a lot of reading everyday, but somehow, it's not the same, without the discussions, lectures, research, papers, etc.....

So, this is good. There will be 5 Evensong services at my church in the month of July. So, 5 services = 5 homilies. Exciting.

No comments: