Sunday, April 06, 2008

Soccer, Birthday Cakes, and Friendships

I'm so blessed to have such great friends.

Today I played soccer from 1-4, then went home for a hot bath (my back hurt like hell), and then in the evening I went to Vero's for her birthday party.

Highlights:
* soccer .. I can't get enough of the beautiful game
* Vero's empanadas .. the South American equivalent to (but way better than) Indian somosas
* Clau pushing Vero's face into the cake .. what was she thinking, .. better yet, was she thinking at all?
* Great conversations with Benja, Natalia, Vero, Marty, and a German visitor Tanya

I think it's interesting that 25+ years after moving away from South America, the people I feel closest to here are South Americans. The exception to this are James, Rudy, AJ & Carol, Rachelle, and Scott, but they each have their own lives with their own priorities which makes getting together with them (and thus fellowship) a challenge.

Other friendships that I need to nurture more, or perhaps strenghten ties with, are Paul, Eric, and my newfound "Orthodox" friend Mark.

One friendship I've completely ruined and need to re-establish is with Nathan. At one point we were connected at the hip, but I've totally neglected his friendship and need to confess and re-establish.

No comments: