Tuesday, April 01, 2008

An Interesting Development

About 6 weeks ago I emailed one of my professors at Regent and asked him to keep me in the loop on potential openings for orthodox priests/pastors in the Anglican Church. He emailed me back with the names/email addresses of two bishops, both of them in BC, who may have openings in their respective dioceses.

I contacted one of them last week, the bishop of the Diocese of Caledonia, and we had an interesting phone conversation last week. As a result, I'm considering on whether to pursue ordination.

Funny, 5 years ago I'd have laughed at the proposition of ordination. Three years ago I'd have rejected the proposition as "not for me". One year ago I'd have considered it an option, albeit a distant option. Now I'm considering it seriously.

No comments: