Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mastering The Divine

Today was my graduation from Regent College. I graduated with a Master in Divinity (MDiv).

What a horrible name for a degree: Master of Divinity. If there's anything I've learned over the past four years it's that I'm not a Master of the Divine. I've learned that contrary to my desires and wishes, I'm unable to Master the Divine. I'm unable to master his ways, I'm unable to master his thoughts. God cannot be mastered. Otherwise he wouldn't be God!

Four highlights from this evening:
1- Family => I'm grateful for my family who attended the graduation. It's a shame that they only were really introduced to Regent on my day of graduation.
2- Friends => I've said it before, and I say it again, I'm blessed to have amazing friends.
3- Student Speaker => In my view, Matt's speech was the highlight of the evening: "May the world know us by our limping." Amen and amen.
4- Charge to the Graduates => Ian P gave a very good charge, based on Psalm 23: "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow you..."

Here are a few pics of the special evening:

Graduating:

Cub and Family (from left to right: Tanis, Karin, Ted, Cub, dad, mom):

Cub, dad, mom:

Tanis and Cub:

Ted, Karin, Cub:

Cub and Mark:

Paul, Cub, and Eric:

Cub and Soccerinos (Clau, Cub, Tatiana, Ruben, Sanjit, Vero, Jen, Rachelle). Ceci is not in this pic, but she's in the "All" pic below:

Alicia, In Young, and Cub:

Connie and Cub:

Cub and Terri:

Cub and Dave:

Rob and Cub:

Cub and Clau:

Cub and Jen:

All together, family and friends (Ted, Karin, Ruben, Tanis, dad, mom, Sanjit, Cub, Tatiana, Ceci, Paul, Vero, Clau, Mark, Eric, Rachelle, Terri):

Wine and Cheese "Brindis":

Rudy also attended the convocation, but was unable to join for the celebrations afterwards, therefore, no pics of him in the above collage. Thanks to all who made this day (and the last 4 years!) special. I thank God for each of you.

No comments: