Monday, April 21, 2008

Catching Up With Friends

Rudy, Joanne, and I went out to Aldergrove, to visit with AJ, Carol, and Nicholas today.

They'd just recently returned from a trip to the Middle East, Dubai and Oman, and so we got to hear all their amazing stories of "life in the Middle East." What an amazing adventure they had. Hearing all their stories made me want to go to the Middle East and experience the world there. There's so much that intrigues me about it (although not so much the places they visited): the food, the politics, the faith, and of course, the wonderful people. I hope that one day I have the privilege to visit that part of the world. I think I'd start in Egypt and work my way north: Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria. At the end I'd take in Israel.

But more important than the stories we heard, was fellowship. Aside from Joanne, whom I don't know very well, the others are people very dear to my heart, so it was a pleasure to spend the afternoon and evening together. The theme of our dinner was "Greek", so it was nice eating some greek food, updating one another on the goings on in our lives. Carol's dessert was - as usual - splendidly yummy.

I wish we weren't all in such different life-phases. I'd like to spend more time with these great friends.

No comments: