Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Alicia To Seattle

I drove Alicia to the airport in Seattle today.

Yesterday at graduation was the first time I'd seen her since almost a year ago when she moved back to the US. We've stayed in touch now and again, but seeing her and spending the day with her today was good.

I picked her up for breakfast around 10am. We went to a little place on Cordova and Cambie: very good roast beef sandwiches! Then around noon we drove down to Seattle, stopping at Pike's Market downtown for a quick bite to eat. Incidentally, I believe the last time I was at Pike's Place was exactly 3 years ago, with Alicia.

Upon arriving at the airport we found out that her flight was delayed by an hour, so we sat down in one of the airport lounges and talked some more.

For the first time in a very long time our conversation was natural, without all the post-relational-stress-disorder (did I just make up that term?) that kept us both from being ourselves for so long. I take this as God's grace: healing two people enough so as to be able to continue a friendship, after much pain and anguish.

Here's a pic of us last night at graduation:

No comments: