Saturday, March 10, 2007

Studying With Claudia

I'm so blessed to have a friend like Claudia. She came over in the morning, around 9, and I made breakfast for her. Afterwards, we studied the day away, until about 6pm. Then she went away to a party I think, or perhaps Latin-dancing .. she does that a lot.

I spent the rest of the evening studying contently, but a part of me was very sad she left. Strange: on the one hand, I am quite content - in fact, I insist on - spending a lot of time alone; but on the other hand, there's an incredible yearning for an "Other".

I can't decide whether this "Other" is an intense search for deeper communion with God, or a desire to be in a relationship with a woman.

The good thing, or perhaps, the challenging, confusing thing, is that both of those desires are perfectly legitimate and godly.

No comments: