Friday, March 30, 2007

Movie And Dinner

Wow .. I had a great day today.

In the morning I had my regular church internship meeting at school. Then, late afternoon, I went to the bus station to pick up Ralph. He's here for the next day. We went home and drank mate until about 6:30, at which time we got into my car and drove to the movie theatre.

At the theatre, we met up with my dear friends Clau and Carla, and Connie and Alberto. We saw Amazing Grace, a great movie about the abolition of slave trade in England. It was very interesting to see how William Wilberforce was portrayed in the film. I know a little of him from my History of Christianity course at school, and from what I can tell, his portrayal in the film was quite accurate. So often nowadays, movies that have an inkling of spiritual content are deconstructed to a point beyond recognition (wouldn't want to challenge relativism now, would we), but overall I felt they did his faith justice.

Anyways, after the movie Clau pulled out a $50 gift certificate for the Spaghetti Factory. Nice..!! So we went there and wined and dined. Clau's Mexican friend, Karla, also joined us there. Man she's a blast. Great fun..... Ralph had a good time too.

I'm blessed.

No comments: