Monday, November 13, 2006

The Well Is Dry

In reference to this post, I finally met her again today, after wondering how our second encounter would pan out. The encounter was short. Here's how it went:

Cub: (Sees woman at the well, and walks towards her): Hi, how are you!
Woman at the Well (WAW): Oh hi Cub, I'm well, thank you. And you?
Cub: I'm well too, thanks.
WAW: How was your weekend?
Cub: It was good. I spent most of it studying. Yesterday I went to church, and afterwards I spent some time with my brother and sister-in-law.
WAW: Oh that's great!
Cub: What about you WAW, how was your weekend? What did you do?
WAW: Oh my weekend was busy too. I went house-shopping with my fiancee...

As she continues talking about her weekend, Cub looks at her fingers and notices that she's NOT wearing an engagement ring (how could I've known she's engaged? What a waste of energy thinking about her the past few weeks). She talks for about 2 minutes about how expensive houses are in Vancouver. After she finishes talking, Cub continues...

Cub: Oh wow, I didn't know you're looking for a ... house.

Cub then talks for a few minutes about, you know, useless stuff like "housing markets", "housing prices", "renting vs buying", and "buying an apartment vs a house" .. and all the other crap that goes along with this type of conversation.

As one of my professors would probably say: "Onward and upward we go." Of course, he usually says it in relation to spiritual-life battles, but I will use it here in a different way:

So, onward and upward I go .. she wasn't that hot anyways ....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is one of your best blog's...!

cub said...

haha .. thanks for your kind comments buddy. i actually enjoyed writing it up .. it was totally crackin' me up. :P

i'm learning to laugh at myself more...

peace.

Faith K said...

onward and upward it is... :)

cub said...

:)