Saturday, November 18, 2006

Moderne Burger

Yesterday Alicia called me and invited to take me out for dinner, in "honour of your birthday". Well, today we did it.

She came over mid-afternoon, and we studied for awhile before heading out to Moderne Burger (W. Brodway almost MacDonald) for a burger and fries around 7pm.

I don't know. Lately I haven't enjoyed my time with her. She's so cynical .. even angry .. seems to me that studies and real life are jading her. But then I keep thinking .. I was there once too: I've certainly had my moments of cynicism, and I'm sure I'll have them again. It just seems that she's always in a bad mood.

Mind you, now that I think of it, my friend Cindy's always in a bad mood too.

In fact, I don't think I'm being accurate by saying "bad mood". They're downright bitter, angry, resentful, and depressed. And my gosh .. do they EVER complain. If it's not the weather, it's their studies .. or their friends .. or their profs .. or their work boss .. or their churches .. or .. whatever. It's unreal.

Is this a woman-thing? Because none of my guy-friends are this way. They "suck it up" and move on. No use blaming the world for our problems.

No comments: