Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Money

Lately I’ve been thinking a lot about money, and more specifically, how to handle it responsibly.

Almost two years ago I sold my house in New Westminster and reinvested the money in mutual funds and GIC’s. The money invested in mutual funds has done very well, whereas the GIC’s, well, I might as well have kept the money lying under my mattress. All in all, the money has grown, and I’m thankful for that.

For various reasons I’m thinking of changing the direction of my investments, and have begun looking at alternatives.

Interestingly, my friend JW called me today, and asked if I’d be interested in buying an apartment/townhouse together with him. We had a good meeting over lunch, and discussed various options and concerns.

Overall, I’m encouraged by this development. It addresses the concerns that I have about my present investments, and offers what seems to be a very positive alternative. Over the next few weeks and months I’ll be praying for direction, seeking which way is the best way forward.

No comments: