Sunday, June 26, 2005

Greek Geek

Starting tomorrow at 7:30am, I will begin a new course: New Testament Greek.

My classes are Mon-Thur, 8am-12:30pm. There will be quizzes every single day (Mon-Wed), and an exam each week (Thur), for the next 7 weeks. In addition, I will be studying between 2 and 3 hours every day: 2 hours of grammar, and 1 hour of vocabulary.

I will learn one year's worth of Greek in 7 weeks. By the end of the 7 week-period, I will know 80% of the vocabulary of the New Testament.

Oh yeah, and before I forget, I'm still working part time, 12 hours a week: Monday afternoons, and all day Fridays.

Last year at this time, I went through the same process, learning Biblical Hebrew. In retrospect, I realize today that I was closer to a mental breakdown by the end of the course last year than I knew at the time.

Hmmmmmmm. Maybe I need to give my head a shake. Or maybe I'm just a geek.

No comments: