Monday, December 09, 2013

Another Trip To Winnipeg

I returned from Winnipeg yesterday, after having spent the weekend there.  It was my second trip to the windy city.

It was good to see gingersnaps again.

The highlight, at least for me, was a snowshoeing excursion at a park on the outskirts of the city.  It was pretty damn cold, -27, but we managed to cover a good amount of territory.  At the end of our exploration, I was surprised to find my gloves and toque sweaty.  I'd no idea you could sweat in such temperatures!

Another highlight was Stella's, a legendary breakfast spot in Winnipeg.  We went there on Sunday morning.  I ordered the mexican breakfast: two sunny side eggs, soft corn tortillas, refried beans, cheddar cheese, green onion & tomato.  It came served with salsa, guacamole, cilantro sauce & hash browns.  It tasted very good (but I'm not sure how Mexican it was).

After breakfast we went to St. Margaret's church, a few blocks from Stella's.  They had a service led by children.  It never really hit me until now, that Christmas (Advent) services are often done by children.

I enjoyed my time with her thoroughly.  She's very kind, and I like that.  She's an amazing cook.

But for whatever reason - I cannot explain it - I'm not all in.  I'm not sold.

We're going to spend a good deal of time together at Christmas.

No comments: