Monday, September 23, 2013

Camino: Day 4 Revisited

Here are the personal notes I took exactly a year ago, after 4 days of  walking the Camino del Norte.  The distance covered on this day was 30kms, connecting Deba with Zenarruza (via Markina-Xemein).

* hardest day yet!  but my God, what beautiful places I saw!
* walked alone most of the day, but I took a lunch break about 12ks in with Jacob, Arman, and "the French girl"
* in Markina I had a beer with Markus, Angelo, and a few Spaniards [addition: Markus here managed to weird us all out by ordering, simultaneously, a beer and a coffee; the Spaniards were especially amused by this combination of beverages]
* walked Markina to Zenarruza with Markus; we had a nice conversation: "What is sin?"  "Is ignorance sin"?  Markus said no, I said yes; not sure...
* monastery in Zenarruza welcomed me
* glad to take a break now, even though I met a great bunch of people

A few pictures.  Leaving Deba:

Rancher in the mountains:

Way Marker:

No comments: