Sunday, September 01, 2013

Fish Shack

Around 9am this morning I met up with Alfonso, and together we drove to Grouse Mountain for a hike.  I went yesterday afternoon too, and surprisingly, I felt better today than yesterday.  Maybe it was Alfonso "pushing" me (he beat me to the top by 5 minutes), but over the years I've also noticed that I often hike better when I hike 2 or 3 days in succession.

Afterwards, we picked up Anoush on the way downtown for brunch.  We ended up at a place called The Fish Shack, and my goodness, what a surprise!  The food was so good!  

I ordered the Corn Bread Hash, and as the picture below shows, it comes in a frying pan.  A LARGE frying pan.  Like, the pan's big enough to feed a family!  Needless to say, I did not finish it all, I took with me enough for a full breakfast tomorrow.

It's hard to take a picture of me completely happy.  I always - for whatever reason - hold back.  I almost never let myself go.

But below is a picture of me, free, unhindered, satisfied.  Thanks to the Fish Shack, I'm a bit more self-realized today than I was yesterday.

The second picture reveals the fabulous company that was along for the ride: Alfonso, Anoush, Sanjit, Juan, Juan's friend Ted, and Mark, who's visiting from Edmonton.


No comments: