Monday, August 26, 2013

Waffles, Pictures, Canals, More Pool-Time, And Some Risk

Making waffles for breakfast.  I think on most days, waffles are my favourite breakfast, especially when accompanied by vanilla pudding sauce and fruits!


A family picture just before dinner.



Today's highlight, however, was going on the channel.  I've taken the inner tube ride down the canal about 4-5 times now, and I never get sick of it.  Today, surprisingly, I had a great theological discussion with Terence.  Dylan too, was present, and although he didn't say very much, just having him along for the conversation was a treat.  So cool!

I spent some more time by poolside, desperately hoping to even out the "tan".

After dinner I took the whole nephew-gang for our traditional ice cream outing at Gilligan's.  Actually, I exercised great self restraint - I admit - and didn't get an ice cream for myself.  I felt bloated: done lots of eating not only this weekend, but I think since last weekend when I went to Cypress Hills I've been eating more than usual.

Finally, we ended the day with a great game of Risk.  Ted, Dylan, Neal, Terence, and I fought each other tooth and nail.  In the end, Neal and I were on top of the world. 

No comments: